Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Triumph !!


I had the greatest privilege of being involved with the IBAYD ( Inter-Brethren Assemblies Youth Development) Drama Team during the "Easter" Period. We performed in PJ Gospel Hall on the 22 of March, Setapak Gospel Centre and Shah Alam Gospel Centre on the 23 of March itself. You could say it was my second "major" production- if you're counting my "oh so scary Christmas sketch" last year. It was a great learning experience. As most of you who know me- yes, I really did enjoy myself tremendously. I indeed learnt so much learning from people who have acted in productions before. Ann Choo, my Mission Team Supervisor at RBS, and Mun Wai also a great actor - in more ways than one. They both are part of a team called the FOOTSTOOL PLAYERS, led by Colin Kirton - who was one of the RBS staff too.

To check out their biodata click here. Ann Choo and Colin Kirton were involved in the recent Malaysian film,"Jarum Halus".

The production was called Condemned ,Broken and Risen. It contained 3 Acts. The first one being a monologue by 3 people of different viewpoints of the Resurrection, the second one was the "play-out" of the events building up to the death of Jesus and the third one being a mime from the song "I'm the Reason" written by Ng Wah Lok ( who also wrote songs like Everytime I pray and Approved in Every Way ). I cannot stress more on how much I have learnt about acting in the last 3-4 months, eventhough I act in church rather regularly. It's just amazing how much God can use dramas to impact people. It's such an amazing tool and the more I do it, the more I'm convicted it's one of the most effective tool God can use.

Well, that's that. The message of "real Easter"..
never fails to make an impact,
never never fails to refresh your faith,
never fails to show who Jesus really was and what he really did !!

God bless,
-jO-

No comments: