Wednesday, March 26, 2008

ONLY a Sultan

Before I start my post, I just want to wish Dr. A. Xavier Jayakumar, dad of my good friend, Dev, a very big congratulations on winning the state seat in Sri Andalas (where I stay) and then, becoming an exco member in the state of Selangor.

So today, during lunch, Dev was talking about his dad's swearing-in that took place at the palace on Monday (yesterday). The amount of preparation just to see the Sultan was so.. so.. so.. I don't know where to start !!! Dev was slapping us with the whole list of rules and regulations (protocol) to see the Sultan : you must where a songkok, you must where black clothing, you must kiss the Sultan's hand before stepping away, you must never show your back, when walking away walk backward to avoid showing your back, you must bow down with your your hands together several time (I lost count how many times) to different several people, so on and so forth.

And I just sat there thinking that we, Christians, probably wouldn't even be able to give a list as long as that when we go into the KING OF KINGS' presence. It's just appalling isn't sometimes. New Year's a great time to make resolutions. But as for a challenge - Let us be really careful with what we have and what we do when we're in the King's presence, for he deserve our very very very very best. If anyone can do it for the Sultan, I'm confident in God's children that we'll be able to do the same for our real KING !

P.S: Our King of King is ALWAYS around us. Just a reminder =)

God bless,
-jO-

1 comment:

Yi Wen said...

can't agree with you more!
*thumbs up* =)