Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The BIG Difference




"Preaching affects man, prayer affects God;

Preaching affects time, prayer affects eternity"


I am currently reading "Why Revival Tarries" by Leonard Ravenhill, as you would have concurred looking at the side of my blog. An although this book is really really really old (1959 !!!), after reading the first three chapters, I believe this book applies TODAY more than it ever has !!! The quote on the top of this is appropriately placed in the first chapter just to give us a glimpse of the main ingredient of revival, PRAYER. Well, Klang Jaya Gospel Hall started our weekly prayer meeting last Thursday. As many would have guessed, this is a direct result from the fantastic Bible-study series, "When God's People Pray", that our church went through. Exciting isn't it ?? We, Christians, should continue to pray not only that more and more people get saved but also, that those saved would have a fresh faith and fall in a deeper relationship with God on a daily basis !! Then, and only then can every single one of God's child burn for him. I know I'd love it if I knew people were praying that for me and/or my church.. Wouldn't you ??

Luv,
-jO-

No comments: