Tuesday, April 8, 2008

In their place.


Ever since I was young Sunday School has always been one of the highlights of the weeks. Up until today, I always boast that I can still remember every single Teacher I had in order. Well where might I be going with this post you may ask ??


On Sunday was the first time I taught a King's Kids class all by myself. I actually co-assistant teacher with Kel Vin to Aunty Beng Hong for the Standard 5 and 6 class (biggest class in the King's Kids). And believe me, Aunty Beng Hong is an extremely fantastic Sunday School teacher. I should know - she taught me in Standard 2 and 4, I thoroughly enjoyed her lessons. Even sometimes when I sit in the class (as assistant) seeing her teach and observing children's re-action, I still enjoy her lessons.


However, Aunty Beng Hong was not around during this particular week and so happen Kel Vin wasn't around either. Ohloi !! So I was "All By Myself" *in Celine Dion's tune* Hahaha.. The story I taught was The Parable of the Three Friends taken from Luke. It was a backfire. The story itself was about trust and patience in God through persistent prayer. Without anyone there to help me teach a class of 20 11 and 12 year olds, it was time to trust God myself not just to teach that. I had to follow a Sunday School Teaching Material. And according to the material, I had to explain and eventually ask them if any of them wanted to ask Jesus into their lives.


You won't believe it 5 of then gave their lives !!! Please pray for Kathrina, Alice, Nicholas, Arvin and Rajendran who gave their lives to Jesus on the 6th of April. Thank God for Fantastic Teachers who have taught me along the way that even today when I teach my King's Kidz class I try to copy them here and there 'coz they are still really a big help even today. Just like a football player becoming a manager, I imagine. Hehehe..


God bless,
-jO-

No comments: